3 Bible Study Ideas for Summer
Bible study in the summer months can be challenging. In many ways, it can be overwhelming with so many other things competing for our time and energy. With this in mind, I want to share 3 things I have found that help families like yours, to include Bible study into your busy summer schedule.
Flashcards: Old Testament and New Testament flashcards provide a hands-on way of reviewing what children have learned.
- Encourage children to put the Bible flash cards in chronological order
- Using two sets of flashcards and play memory
- Have a child draw one flash card from a bowl and tell a fact about the character or event on that card. To make it harder, have each child tell a new fact until you run out of facts.
- Draw a card and retell the story of that character or event. If the person telling the story misses a fact, others can raise their hand and give the missing fact.
- Choose one character, put that character in a prominent location, and spend the week discussing their life, character, virtues, and how we can emulate them.